93 GT problems

Guys,

I have serveral problems going on with my 93 GT. like, front end sqeek, rotors and more. The questions are posted at:

automotive. Would appreciate any help you could offer. mustangdude

Reply to
Fixing Stuff

PowerSlots. And a leaking boot?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Ok... guess you don't like the forum idea. Didn't mean to piss you guys off. I have legit questions, so I will post them sepeate here and see if I can get some real help.

Reply to
Fixing Stuff

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Yes you did... Gotcha.

Reply to
Fixing Stuff

Well, if you want to treat it like a forum you can access it through one of the replicator web sites or Google Groups...

However, did MJ, PE mention we like it here?

I'm in several soccer forums, and mod one. One of the amusing things about them is that about once a month some guy will come on and post that he has started a NEW soccer forum and invite us all over to play.

Nearest I can tell is that every soccer club IN THE WORLD has at least 3 main fan forums, with every major sport fan site having another one for the club.

Now do a search on 'Mustang forum'

Heh.. did I mention we like it here?

Oh, another thing, this newsgroup has NEVER, to my knowledge, been hacked by Islamic militants.

PPS: Since you apparently ARENT just a spammer, you may disregard my previous advice on your joints and rotors.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

So, what I understand now, is you guys like it HERE... :) thanks for the reasonable reply... you old Geezer. your previous advice was becoming painful after the first balljoint thing so I stopped... the scars will fade in time.

Reply to
Fixing Stuff

got any more problems with your 93 ?

Here are some of my current ones;

I have a 93, have to replace door handles, dealership wants $300 per side, I do not have a big pop rivet gun to put the door handles back on.

There is a little L shaped rubber hose that goes on the gas fumes can (up far front passenger side) that you cannot get anymore.

I have some broken very small hoses part of the pollution control system that I have stuck together with small shrink wrap and some tar.

And the engine is running lean at WOT, could be injectors need cleaning.

Reply to
John

You can buy a door handle kit (incl. rivets) from 50resto.com for $19.95. They also have the rivet gun for $24.95.

Check with Tim aka Musttanguy at ponyperformance.com. He can provide nearly any part like this for your Mustang. I have bought numerous odd parts from him over the years.

Reply to
jmvannoy

Thanks!!

Reply to
John

Well, the thing is you dont NEED a poprivet... you can buy small carriage bolts to fit. Lowes {at least my area} has them. Dont forget lock-washers

That's what various sizes of fuel line and fuel-connectors or Brass elbows are for.. fixing stuff like that.

Either small engine shop.. or model aircraft shop... or tubing supplier

Yes, or fuel filter or fuel pump or clean the MAF.

Cant hurt to do all of them if the pump is old.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Orgional fuel pump is inside the gas tank, and it has a plastic slieve filter on it too could be messed up.

Have not cleaned the MAF ever, I put a K&L filter on it so I may have to clean it.

You do that with brake fluid and q tips on the wire only ?? just clean the crud off ?

Car is a 93 ex-cop car, with 140K on it now.

I have a meter by Keene-Bell that shows rich/lean from the 02 sensores, and it shows lean when WOT.

Reply to
DmitryKovtun

Sure... but invest in a Fuel pressure gauge, first.

Wel... yeah!

Use rubbing alcohol and small to medium bristle new paint brush... several passes/rinses.

And yeah, you may have dirty injectors but I'd suggest running Speedway gas IF it's a big seller in your area; not sure about last five years but flow testing injectors 5 years ago showed very good flow at 100,000 miles of use using that brand

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I just had the injectors cleaned and it did make a big difference, showed up on the rich/lean meter too as richer, driving around, but WOT may still be lean (meter says its lean via O2 sensors), so I'll clean the MAF next.

I have a fuel pressure gage, says about 45 to 50 normally and in boost goes to 75 to 80 or so. The boost cuts out the fuel regulator, FMU stuff, there is an adjustment on it, I think it is where it cuts out the fuel regulator with boost level.

Reply to
DmitryKovtun

That's a WHOLE Different story, dont you think?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

the screw on the FMU did not seem to do much, perhaps I should screw some more with it. Boost pressure on one side of the diafram pushes a valve open that lets full pressure from the gas pump onto the fuel rails bypassing the fuel regulator. The screw only seemed to adjust how much the diafram would start to move with boost. I left this part adjusted the way it was when I got it. It did not seem critical, but... No instructions on how to set it. Cant find similar on Google, need to try again. Guess I could pull it out, take it apart check the action again, what way to turn the screw for more gas. It also has another vacume line that is now shut off, but it has a needle valve in the vacume line, no idea what that would hook up to, or how to adjust. It is an early FMU probably 1995 (?) guessing here.

I was thinking the fuel pressure gague goes up to 75 or 80, like it should should be about it, the computer adjusts injectors via O2 sensers for right amount of gas to inject.

Anyone know about FMU's ?

Reply to
DmitryKovtun

Found this at