96 mustang gt.

Just picked it up today. sent it back because of a check engine light. it tacs out too fast. i"ll be doing about 50 in 5th gear. I mean i'm terrible at shifting. but thats rediculous. Has tons of ballz off the line.. but has no ballz..... and when i downshift it feels like the car is shakin? I mean i am a beginner shifting. but i dunno

Reply to
President89

sounds like you got a 456 or higher gear my check engine light is on because I have an offroad pipe on it with no cats I might check into that fix they have for it I have a 96 cobra with a 410 it has 86000 miles on it and it shifts hard going to put a new trans in this winter. in 5th gear I can cruise about 70 tach is close to 3000 rpm

Reply to
vott

Um, ok.

Reply to
Steve B

President89 @mb-m28.aol.com:

From reading between the context in here...I suggest a Honda.

Mustangs are for Geezers and Women

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Can't we all do 50 mph in 5th gear? That says nothing about RPM. And it has tons of balls and no balls at the same time? Please elaborate - I'm very confused.

Reply to
Keith

the engine was racing in 5th gear. not too sure of exactly the rpm.. but it was around 4/5 in fifth gear.. the guy(after i bought it) told me it had gears in it. anyone know approximately how much it would cost to buy the stock gears for the car? my cousin is a master mechanic. so he cuts me a deal on the labor. he only charges me $20 an hour(thats what he makes working for someone else.. so thats what he charges me) and i meant it had tons of ballz off the line... but diong 50 in 5th gear.. it felt like i was doing 130 in a corrolla.. you stomp the pedal . and i didn't go too much faster

Reply to
President89

Try to find out what your current rear differential gear ratio is right now before you switch to stock gears... if it's higher than 3.73 you might wanna go to 3.73 rather than stock =).

-Mike

Reply to
memsetpc