99 Mustang GT convertible problems

My wife has a '99 Mustang GT convertible and it's having problems retracting. It retracted last summer/fall (I think), now it's having problems when it's the front left (drivers) edge of the top is a foot or a foot and a half above the stowed position. It's a sudden stop like something has finished retracting with the rest of the roof but there's nothing obvious from an external observer. How can this be diagnosed without taking it to the dealer?

Reply to
Wayne Dernoncourt

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 18:06:36 -0400, Wayne Dernoncourt wrote (in article ):

Argggh, that should be "... like something _hasn't_ finished retracting..."

Reply to
Wayne Dernoncourt