a/c compressor clutch 1996 mustang

I bought a chilton's manual for the car but doesn't go into any detail about taking apart the compressor only how to remove it. Well my a/c clutch is shot and I want to replace it but before I go to town I wanted to know any tricks for getting the clutch off. The coil appears fine, a/c it still works but it makes a sqealing noise. There may have been three caps on the metal posts that poke through the front plate, they are missing and the plate just moves around. There is on small 5/16 bolt on the front but it spins the whole compressor. I can get it off but don't want to until I have the parts.

If I take that bolt out will the rest of the clutch follow? Do I need any special tools to put the clutch back in?

Reply to
dave