Vortech superchager and 'check engine light'

Help? I have a 99 Mustang Cobra (stock engine) which just had a Vortech installed. The car runs great but 'check engine' light comes on and stays on. Once in a while when I press the clutch while approaching a traffic light the engine RPM's also drops very low and the engine dies. The mechanic can't find a problem. He has reset the computer but the light comes back on. He pulled the chip out so he could read the codes from the computer and from what he says there were no codes. Other than that the car runs great with lots of power. I only use sunoco 93 or 94 octane. Any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
Geo

Don't have to pull the chip to get the codes. Did you have the car dyno tuned, or have a mail oder chip? If not, get one. Can you say, new motor? Give us some more info on this thing.

--

2000GT 5 Speed P-1SC MM Sport Box Suspension Stainless Exhaust 3:73 Gears Forged Pistons & Rods
Reply to

go to someone who has an OBD-II scanner - no mechanic should be without one of these, plug it in, turn the key to the run position (don't start it) and you'll get the codes. Anyone who is pulling a chip when a check engine light comes on (I have superchip in a car - codes come across the same) should not be doing your car work unless you have a non- factory computer.

Andrew

Geo wrote:

Reply to
Andrew Paule

Do you have a by-pass valve installed .. could improve idling if you don't (along with some other potential problems if you are running higher than 6 psi).

Reply to
SandMan