A/C goop question

Last weekend I took the Mustang out of the barn to change the oil and filter. When I pulled it out I noticed a small amount of fluid on the tarp that it was parked on, It looked and felt like some kind of lubricant, but had no odor I could detect. When I checked under the front end of the car I found what appears to be a small leak of some sort of fluid from the A/C clutch area. Is there some kind of lube in the A/C clutch? Or is it possible that this came from the belt tensioner that sits just above the A/C clutch area? This is an 03 GT so I will take it to the dealer for warranty work but I just wanted to half ass know what I was talking about before I brought it in, TIA.

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

Does the AC still work? There are a few ounces of lubricant in with the refrigerant and this 'may' be what you are seeing...

Jim Warman

Thanks Jim, I will try it this weekend and see if it works.

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis