A Great Car Commercial!

It's a Chevy ad, but I think any car fan can appreciate. Warning: Might need a hanky to dry your eyes.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

Yes! A good commercial. Does anyone here know how to track down an old car? I would like to find a car my husband had. I know he still misses it.

Reply to
Debbie

Yep, nice story. I just saw that for the first time on the boob toob a few minutes earlier. The link above has much more video.

Nothing like the above will likely happen to me. Growing up we had a '57 chevy station wagon. I loved that car even before anyone knew how cool they'd be. My dad sold it to a friend's son and a month later it was seriously totaled out. We went to take a look it it.

I had a '69 chevelle that was not to bad but it was mine. I put a little money into it and it was my next favorite. Had to sell it due to military stint. Sold it to another guy on base. A few weeks later one of my friends there tells me it too was completely destroyed.

Bought a brand spankin' new Chevy monza (Hey, it was 1979 and there wasn't much to choose from!) That car would go over 300 miles on a tank full. Toured all over the US in that thing. Put 175,000 miles on it. It was still in excellent condition. No major maintenance done, except put in one clutch. Sold it to my neighbor's friend, for his daughter. One day my neighbor tells be she got t-boned big time. She was not hurt bad, but the car was destroyed.

My first mustang, my first convertible, 1994, bought used. I loved having the top down. Stolen, police chase, destroyed.

Current car: '09 rag top, quite spotless. Still going! It's the first car I like better than my 1984 BMW 325e. I still have that BMW but don't drive it much. After 245,000 miles it's getting old and likes lots of attention. I might have to sell it...

OMG! It's doomed.

My other cars were just transportation.

Reply to
twk

think any car fan can appreciate. =A0Warning:

Here you go. Give this a try.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

You can try Check My Ride: But it's not responding at the moment.

If it still works, you'll need a VIN number to get any info on the car. There is a fee too.

Reply to
twk

Debbie, It all depends on how old the car is and if you have the VIN number. A VIN number standard (number of letters/numbers) was established (I think) in the 1970s or 1980s and there are free sites to track these vehicles. BUT, if the car has an older VIN number that doesn't conform to the current standard, you'll have to subscribe to a web site and pay for the research. I know, because I still have the window sticker with VIN number for a

1963 Chev 409 that I owned. As I recall, it would have cost $30 or so to track it. The cost would probably be worth it if you had many cars to check. I'll just keep the window sticker, fond memories, and photos of that car and whether it's still alive will remain a mystery.

Good luck, Dick in MN

Reply to
Dickr

Thanks. I figured I would need a VIN. I have been searching all the old files around here. My husband bought the car when he came home from Viet Nam in 1969. We sold off all our fun cars in about 1985 to build new barns.

Reply to
Debbie

think any car fan can appreciate. Warning:

Thanks! I will give it a go when I get a chance.

Reply to
Debbie

2:00 PM, eastern time. Still timing out for me. Maybe they went out of business?
Reply to
twk