A '78 With Only 80 For 26

Would you buy it?

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

I wouldn't buy it, but I can't afford to be a collector. Would someone buy that car and drive it? I'd be afraid to. Like someone said in the comment section, it might make an interesting addition to a mustang collection. I think think it's quite nice, but only a collector would buy that car. For that much money, I'd buy something MUCH newer, something I could drive, modify a little, and not worry (to much) about wrecking it. /grin

I once rented a mustang II with a v8. It had 900 miles on it. I thought it wasn't bad. Ha ha, I ended up buying a 1979 chevy monza spyder. (vega) I guess that blows my opinion to heck. I put 175,000 mostly trouble free miles on that monza.

Reply to
twk

Probably not for that price. I paid less than that for the TDI.

Reply to
WindsorFo

No. It's pointless for me. It cannot be driven without destroying what makes it worth having. Let someone who keeps cars in bubbles buy it.

Reply to
Brent

tires have to be new, they would have rotted, the car must have been on blocks for 30+years How did they keep it from rusting inside for 30+ years ?

Engine bay was painted probably the rest of the car was too.

All the wiring would be stiff as heck, brittle.

looks like aftermarket steering wheel

gas system will be full of gunk

HP is far too low for me. Rather have a

I buy performance, not how rare something is.

rather get one of these and put a 5.0 engine in it (with blower) no mufflers;

john

The current tires on my Thunderbird were purchased in about 1980 and still holding air.

Most of the vast majority of the wiring on my Mustang is not nor is my Thunderbird.

Looks right to me, but if it is, someone went way out of their way to get that Ghia thing in the center...

Where are you getting all this? It hasn't been driven enough to get water in the tank.

Reply to
WindsorFo

I sold a Chevy 1965 barn find that had been sitting since 1985 still had air in tires except one, but the tires were full of splits could not be driven on the highway. I have another barn-find a 1963 Jag that is still sitting since about 1986, all 4 tires total flats to the rim. Even a 93 mustang I had,(ex cop car) the tires were way too hard 10 years later.

the 93 mustang I had some of the wires would crack open if you bent them, but not all wires.

you are right, looks sporty

If the gas tank was full or 1/2 full it would get water in the tank over time just due to atmospheric pressure changes. I stored a motorcycle once with 1/2 a tank full (no water) and 1 year months later it had about 2 cups of water in the bottom, rusted the inside of the tank. A stored car will pull in moisture from the air, it condensences as water inside the tank, we used to store cars on blocks when we went out to sea for 6 months or more (Navy) and would drain all the gas out.

I think the gas in the tank keeps the water from evaporating back out again.

Its easy to check it on the above car, just pump gas from its gas line into a glass gallon jug and look at it.

Reply to
john