A Mustang Moment

First off, I was driving my 90 5.0.5sp Notch. It's an ex Florida HP car, still with a spotlight and black ten holes. I'm waiting at the last light on the edge of town at about 530am. Left lane. Windows down. In the right lane a FHP camaro pulls along side. The tropper ask if my car is an old FHP car. I tell him it was, from 90-95. Says he drove one in the early/mid 90s. Says it was a great car and fun to drive. He asks me how it runs. I say probably better than that sorry chevy he's driving now. Both of us are grinning. (Keep in mind, we are the only cars in site.) He say to me...."well, getcha some". The light turns green and he launches, still smilng. What would you do?? Well, I jumped on it but couldn't catch him. I held my foot in it well into 3rd, then backed off. He was probably a hundred yards ahead, hit his blue lights for a sec ((waved?) and kept going. It was the only race I ever lost and still chuckle about. This was about 4 months ago. That is my favorite story with a mustang, thought I would share. Jim

90 SSP Jax. Fl
Reply to
Skunkfeet

Street racing????? My, how very wise....

Reply to
Jim Warman

I'm not much impressed by the late-model firebirds. I went to the strip last weekend and my third race was against a late-model V8 firebird (the announcer said it was 300 hp) and me in my near-stock 03 GT (only have mufflers and a mach 1 chin spoiler on it). I pulled 2 car lengths ahead in first gear, second even more, completely missed my 2-3 shift (damn I need a shifter) and still only ended up with a 16.09 et (rt was .438)

Reply to
MustangMan03GT