A Next GTO Now In Doubt?

GM is hurting, folks. Seems development dollars are at a premium at the world's largest automaker. After a few years of giving the
opponents angles (like a boxer), with the successful resurgance of Cadillac and the hot 'Vette, it appears GM is now just backing up and fighting off the ropes. Hopefully GM can counter a little with that new Pontiac 2-seater soon to debut, because GM needs to stay in the fight!
And no one be happy, if the GTO get canceled. While its styling is everything everyone hoped for, the car is sweet mechanically. It would be a shame to lose yet another RWD American performance car.
--
By Ed Garsten

DETROIT -- General Motors Corp. has killed plans for a new line of
On 21 Mar 2005 10:37:58 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Another Fiero?

and
No, it's a Miata killer. For $20k it's pretty neat.
RichA wrote:

and
You haven't seen it...? It's far from a Fiero.
Patrick '93 Cobra
Hey Patrick, I miss when your "from" line used to say Patrick.
For reasons I choose only to disclose to the cat.
Kate
wrote: | | > >GM is hurting, folks. Seems development dollars are at a premium at | > >the world's largest automaker. After a few years of giving the | > >opponents angles (like a boxer), with the successful resurgance of | > >Cadillac and the hot 'Vette, it appears GM is now just backing up | and | > >fighting off the ropes. Hopefully GM can counter a little with that | > >new Pontiac 2-seater soon to debut, because GM needs to stay in the | > >fight! | | > Another Fiero? | | You haven't seen it...? It's far from a Fiero. | | Patrick | '93 Cobra |
I think it may be viewed like the Miata. A Chick car.
It's a cute little car I suppose, if you're into that kind of thing.
Kate
something wonderfully witty:

I loved my Fiero. A regular blast to drive once you realized one should never slam on the brakes on a rear-engine car in the rain. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
--

"Maybe worshiping the cross and the painful death rather
than the well lived life really has distorted our sense

something wonderfully witty:

Not quite http://www.fast-autos.net/pontiac/pontiacsolstice.html
--

"Maybe worshiping the cross and the painful death rather
than the well lived life really has distorted our sense

"Part BWM Z3, part Porche Boxter, part PONTIAC!" "It's the Boxontiac Z3!"
I'm sure it will do very well, it's definitely a niche market car. -Rich
I have an 86 Fiero GT with 42,000 original miles. Lots of fun to drive. Honestly thinking of selling it however as I have 3 rides all registered and insured.
Martin 2002GT 5spd. 86 Fiero GT 98 Ranger

drive.
Neat. Where are you located?
Hi Joe, I'm in Sagamore Massachusetts which is about 65 miles South of Boston. Martin 2002 GT 5spd

Boston.
A little far for me to see the car, as I'm in South Florida. Thanks anyway. Maybe ZW will take you up on it.
something wonderfully witty:

After seeing a couple of pic and hearing a price the flight could be tonight.
--

"Maybe worshiping the cross and the painful death rather
than the well lived life really has distorted our sense
I have a CD with some photos as well as a private apraisal. Will try to duplicate the CD. May take a little time as I travel on buisness a lot sometimes. Send me a PM to my work e-mail with your contact info.
Work. snipped-for-privacy@c-map.com 1.800.424.2627 Martin
Correct work e-mail. snipped-for-privacy@c-map.com Sorry for being OT everyone. Martin
something wonderfully witty:

If that thought ever turns into reality let me know. I've been looking for a Fiero GT for about the past two years and all I ever come across is junk that requires much more time & effort then I desire to expend. I did come across a time capsule one about six months ago, but the owner expected more then original MSRP for it. Not looking for a show piece anyhow, just a good daily driver funmobile. I should have never sold mine to begin with, but kids can cause two-seaters to go the way of the dinosaurs.
--

ZombyWoof wrote:

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65
RichA wrote:

Whatever it is, the reports of it are as scintillating as always.
--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65