98 Cobra, engine hesitation...help?

Hi all,

My 98 Cobra (~65k miles) recently started having engine hesitation at low RPMS when accelerating under load. For example, 3rd gear,

Reply to
eas9898

Simplest things first? did you check plug wires and spark plugs? Coil packs?

Reply to
dave

Actually, have not. Plugs should still be good, no? I'll check them out anyway. Is this the most common cause of something like this?

Reply to
eas9898

Clean the air intake and it's sensors. plugs. Sounds pretty severe. These cars dont have much power at that rpm range but the should not jerk. Try running some seafoam cleaner in your fuel.

Rein

You may want to clean the mass airflow sensor too. If it hasn't been done before, it's certainly time.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

Just wanted to followup on this and thank everyone who responded. The culprit was the spark plug wires, so good suggestion Dave.

Reply to
eas9898

Thanks for the follow up! Not enough people do that..

Glad you got her fixed!

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to