accord vs mustang

my friend seems to think his 05 accord v6 (auto, no performance parts) can beat my 99 v6 5 spd mustang. maybe it can, that's why I'm asking. I don't have any performance parts on my car either, just 17" goodyear eagle z-rated tires and a k&n. I'm thinking it would be a close match, but I don't wanna go out there and have my ass handed to me. What do you think?

Reply to
CrazyBass69

He'll beat you. A V6 Accord can run mid 90-mph traps. Your V6 Stang runs... maybe mid 80s. You'll be toast.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

That's what I figured.

Reply to
CrazyBass69

That's what I figured. I know a V6 stang isn't a speed racer, but even off the line I wouldn't have a little bit of an edge with the 5 spd?

Reply to
CrazyBass69

You have to compare apples to apples. Honda's V6 IS their HO engine. The V6 Mustang is the base line, for a 17 yo girl to goto school in.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Maybe, if you can out drive him, but any jump you get won't last long.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L
3 weeks ago I smoked a 99 V6 Mustang with my 2005 iForce V8 4x4 Tundra. That engine is built at the Lexus plant with variable valve timing. He started the revving his engine at the light so I couldn't resist. I kinda felt bad for him when we got to the next light. I wish my 72 mach 1 was done, that might've REALLY smoked his car!!!
Reply to
nospam