Am I the only one who doesn't like the '05?

All the pictures I have seen so far, I really don't like it at all.
Am I alone here?
The Billy

Nope, I don't like it either. Too retro for my taste.
Now... if it has some serious suds... maybe the ugly won't be clear to the bone... hmm..
Kate 98 Cobra Drop Top
| All the pictures I have seen so far, I really don't like it at all. | | Am I alone here? | | | | | The Billy
Dont fret. That was a CONCEPT car and it only suggests themes of the production car. Withold your judgement until you see the real thing.
LJH 95GT

Yes

Im curious about the back seat, taking it out might have been a bad idea. I don't think the war will be as practical without a back seat, even though it is practically useless for adults/
Around 11/17/2003 6:23 PM, fclaugus wrote:

The production models will indeed have a back seat; the concept models (IIRC) have never have had one.
--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |

They do that to make them more attractive at the car shows. If the production models didn't have back seats, you'd see insurance premiums shoot through the roof....
Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Yes, the 05 will be a beauty.
John
As for retro.... it beats the hell out of what they did to the TBird....
Then I think back to the origin of the pony cars, and how Ford grew them up to become Torinos (just as they did with the TBird of old).
Then they shrank them to become the Mustang II... there was a waste... and I owned one...
The 05 bears the retro look but goes a long way to keep the original styling. I especially like the FBs lines... Much ratther have one of those than a "Bullit"
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 02:24:52 GMT, John Shepardson

Eeeaassssy there, cowboy. And it's spelled, "Bullitt". :)
I personally never really cared too much for the style change way back in '94. It wasn't until they introduced the 'New Edge' style that it even became remotely attractive to me, but I still wasn't convinced until I drove my current ride. Then, I was sold. Hell, it could have looked like a Mustang II and if it still behaved like it does, I'd have bought it anyway. Where the '05 is concerned, I'm not all up on it's looks (a bit too slab-sided IMO), but if they can strike the right balance of handling, acceleration, and interior aesthetics, then that's all out the window. The fun all happens *inside* the car; good looks are just a bonus.
--
RayS
2001 Mustang GT Bullitt #3320

I happen to like the T-Bird's looks, but . . . I drove one, and found it to be very unconfortable: Flat, unsupportive seats, zero headroom with the top up, even with the seat all the way down (I'm 6'1" and my head rubbed the headliner the whole time), and poor visibility. Not a whole lot of power, either. I bought a Lightning instead. -- Jim
The concept shots of the back of the 05 floating around the web, and on conceptual sites is not the real 05.
The rear side, brake lights, etc are pretty different than what is being floated on the web.
If anyone can bribe 2003Mach he might tell you what its going to really be like, but dont say I sent you :)
But in all honesty, I think its a radical new style, based on an older visual infrastructure, and great lines.
For me a good healthy dose of hp, breaking and handling would make a lot of ugly go away.
The Billy wrote:

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:42:44 -0500, The Billy wrote:

Nope. I liked it when I first saw the concept, but since I've purchased my '03 Cobra, I think I made the right decision not waiting for the '05. Some of the photos I've seen really haven't gotten me excited.
Kevin
Maybe it's just cuz I'm an old guy.... My 66 FB was built the year I graduated HS.... right before taking a government paid vacation to the Republic of Vietnam. Everyone is entitled to what they appreciate in looks, and I do totally agree with the hp/handling/braking line of thought. I just kinda go back to a time when Fords didn't look ;like chevys lookin like pontiacs, etc.

snipped-for-privacy@here.com (The Billy) wrote in

I really like the 05 show car. IMHO, it's a big improvement on the current 'Stang (which I like), and WAY better than what they did with the '05 F- 150. -- Jim

Actually it is the 2004 F-150. I bought one and it is great. I like it a lot better than the previous model.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustanggtconcept/gallery/imagepage22.htm
...And what is that thermometer looking thingy between the tach and speedometer? Oral or rectal?
email: take out the garbage
Take a look at http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index...ic 17&hl supposed to be the real thing!