any info on this????

the past few days when i get in my gt my battery light stays on a few miles then goes off then back on a few times. had advance checked both battery and alternator check shows both fine. am i or they missing something?? the post are tight and clean. mp

Reply to
Michael price

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Michael price) wrote in news:26781-4354531E-339 @storefull-3233.bay.webtv.net:

How many miles on car?

If around 140k or above, brushes. Available cheap at NAPA

Anyone who has original alt should change the brushes around that mileage.

easy job... but see Tip on it, below

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic
99 gt 72000 miles
Reply to
Michael price

your alternator is fixing to go out when your light is on it is not charging.when they tested it the light was not on and it was charging properly. next time the light comes on lift the hood and listen the alternator will be making a whining noise and when the light goes out it will stop the whining noise let us know the outcome bill302

Reply to
bill302