Anyboxy knwo X-Plan specifics?

I just did a contract job at Ford Motor Credit. Upgrading memory on tehir boxes in preparation for their retireing OS/2 Warp and was told the company I contract for does a lot of biz with Ford so I should be able to get in on X-Plan (I believe that's the one for 3rd party & Ford suppliers with A-plan being Ford employees).

Does anybody know what the discount/pricing is for X-Plan? My dream of a

2005 GT convertible may just come a step closer this way. :-)
Reply to
Paul

People are still using OS/2 Warp ????!!!!!

damn, I thought it died years and years ago.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

I heard the space shuttle still uses redundant IBM 186 processors. That's, what, 20 year old technology?

Reply to
John

"SVTKate" wrote in a message:

IBM stopped marketing OS/2 Warp to the general public, back around the mid to late 90's. A friend of mine worked for IBM in sales, and he got me a copy of OS/2 Warp version 4 at his cost. The only problem with it is there isn't the quantity of programs for it like Windows. If there were, I'd be still using it. They touted that it could run Windows applications, but after working with it, the only way it would run them, is if you installed OS/2 on a separate partition, and left Windows on. What it would do is shell out of OS/2, and run Windows, to run the Windows apps. But it definitely did better with memory than Windows does.

Gary

Reply to
GEB

I have an X-plan card from when I used to work at Radio Shack. Don't ask me how they were on the X-plan, as I don't have a clue. The brochure I got showed getting a couple thousand off new vehicles, the exact figure varied depending on the model. I was just like, yeah right, like anyone working at Radio Shack could afford anything like those cars. Hell, even managers at Radio Shack get piss-poor pay when you consider how much they have to work. Hell, I used to make more than a manager when I was with the Navy doing computer work rolling out new systems, but I passed up the opportunity to keep working for them in order to go back to school and take some mroe classes. Oh well, it's worth it in the long run. Anyhow, I don't know what the X-plan benefits are on the new Mustangs. I do recall that the discount on Mustangs wasn't quite as much as on other vehicles though.

Cory

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

I tried it too around that time and like you decided that there was not enough software that was compatible with it to make it worth the trouble. It was fun to play with and I DID like it but... it's kind of like buying a Tucker. It's cool, but you can't get parts for it.

Kate

| > damn, I thought it died years and years ago. | >

| > Kate | | IBM stopped marketing OS/2 Warp to the general public, back around the mid | to late 90's. A friend of mine worked for IBM in sales, and he got me a copy | of OS/2 Warp version 4 at his cost. The only problem with it is there isn't | the quantity of programs for it like Windows. If there were, I'd be still | using it. They touted that it could run Windows applications, but after | working with it, the only way it would run them, is if you installed OS/2 on | a separate partition, and left Windows on. What it would do is shell out of | OS/2, and run Windows, to run the Windows apps. But it definitely did better | with memory than Windows does. | | Gary | |

Reply to
SVTKate

I got my '02 GT convert. on the X-Plan...I think it was about $2500 off msrp.

Reply to
Mitch

Oh, by the way...they are not obligated to honor the X-Plan. I had several Chicago dealers basically hang up on me when I mentioned X-Plan. I eventually found a dealer 2 hours away that had a lot full of Mustangs and Cobras, and they were fine with the X-Plan.

Nice thing about the plan is none of that cliche "Let me go talk to my manager" garbage that's so insulting. Just one bottom line price and out the door.

Good luck with it...I hope they give it to you.

Reply to
Mitch

at 13 Sep 2004, [ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'm waiting on a confirm from my recruiter on the X-Plan. I can already get dealer invoice + $100 using the local Mustang club deal at 2 local dealers. Just wondering if X-Plan makes the price even lower than that.

Reply to
Paul

From what I've heard from a couple dealers when pricing Mustangs, I could either get the X-plan, as that is available to me working at Mitsubishi Electric, or I could get whatever special offer they had. They wouldn't combine them.

My particular division makes nothing to do with cars, but our sister company somewhere in Ohio makes starter motors and such. My '89 Probe had one.... I'm guessing they supply some Ford motors (power mirror/window, starters, etc) so I get in. Maybe I'll get to use it when I finally get a new Mustang in 2030.

JS

Reply to
JS

I sold at a GM dealer (yeah, I know, but they're were hiring) for several months last year. Every so often, they advertise GMS (GM supplier pricing; I assume it's the equivalent of X-Plan.) It's not the same as GM employees' price, and it's *higher* than what you'd pay if you would go in and haggle a bit.

The sales managers loved it because the customer thought they were getting a good deal, and they could bring the invoice over and show them the price in black and white.

BTW, the way to get the best deal is work from your payments backwards. Dealers try to "fit" a payment to your budget. By making you think about a monthly payment, the customer loses sight of what they pay over

5 years. $20/month is roughly equivalent to $1,000 over the course of a note. I lost about $300 comm once because the customer used my calculator to figure out that the payment they agreed to cost them $1,000 more.

Be aware that if the '05 turn out to be hugely popular, dealers will cut no deal. You'll pay the MSRP and your salesman will be very happy.

-Travis '00 GT

Reply to
Travis

at 14 Sep 2004, Travis [travis snipped-for-privacy@hotspam.com] wrote in news:Xns9564720D2E04Ftravishskshotmailcom@68.12.19.6:

he who casts the first stone and all. :-) I did the same thing...

Been there, done that as well...

Yup! Nothing prepares a car buyer as well as working as a car salesman for a little while...

I don't intend to buy one right away. I'll wait until deals start appearing and they need to get rid of their current stock and are willing to cut a deal. I'm fully expecting the )5's to have a dealer markup for at least 6 months. Also. Ford just announced pricing. The v6 will be a few hundred cheaper than the 04 model, the GT a few hundred more. I can live with that...

Reply to
Paul