aod or aode

I know aode is eec controled but what is the difference between the two? Can I put an aod trans in a 95 GT? I was looking at automatics and some sell only aod tran's

Verticalrich

95GT
Reply to
Verticalrich

Hell.. if you're going to swap the tranny... put a 5-speed in it!!!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I agree with MadDAWG. It is completely not worth going to an AOD. Being the the AOD-E is electronically controlled, you can do much more with it just by using a chip (i.e. shift points, torque converter stall, etc). Do a search on the Bauminator TCS and read about it. If you're unhappy with your aod-e, than I honestly feel you'd be seriously unhappy with an aod. The AOD has never been a performance trans...and unless you're willing to spend like 2000 bucks for a Lentech AOD, it never will be. Trust me, stick with your AOD-E and search into options for making it perform better.

Reply to
KICKERSCRT