Best converter for AOD

Looking for opinions on an upgrade to the stock AOD torque converter for a 5.0 of about 300hp. I want to maintain the lockup feature, (which limits choices somewhat) and would like a stall speed in the range of 2500 to 2700 rpm. All the manufacturers claim to make the best converter, so it's confusing to say the least. All opinions welcome.

Edwin

Reply to
STR00NTZ

Hope that helps. A friend of mine had a '95 vert that went from 14.2 to

13.7ish(IIRC, I know it was about a half a second) with nothing other than a converter. I was impressed. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT
Reply to
Erik D.

I'll second that. I had one of their in my 95 AODe and it worked great. I would suggest going to at least a 3000 stall. That's what I had and wished I had more. My car was in the same hp range as your talking and it was very tame for daily usage so don't be afraid to go with a higher stall.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

It sure does, but holy pound feet Batman! It's 725 dollah! It's tempting for sure, but more than I wanted to spend. Since I was rebuilding an AOD anyway, I just though it wouldn't hurt to upgrade the conv.

B+M has a 2500 stall w\lockup for less than half. Are these any good, or just a waste of money?

Edwin

Reply to
STR00NTZ