Auto recalls that should have happened?

Maybe an old wives tale, but supposedly the seats on the Ford Model T were stuffed with Spanish moss - that hadn't been treated to kill the chiggers. I dunno?

Dick

Reply to
Dick R.

I think they used horsehair, dont know for sure.

Reply to
mary

Henry Ford had fixed specifications for the wood used to make the boxes that suppliers shipped him parts in. Then he used the wood from the box for the floorboards, it was speced to be just the right size.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher