Back with the cat

Houston, we have a problem.

The AOD in my 91 XR7 5.0 HO is not shifting correctly. I seems to get stuck in first and when it shifts, sometimes as high as 4500rpms there is this gawd-awful whining like an electric drill. When it gets into 2nd, the same thing will happen as also in D and overdrive. The automatic downshifting is not smooth anymore either, like its downshifting at too high an rpm. I can sometimes force it to shift by manually moving the gear selector between 1 and D but the only worked a few times and is not the norm. This just started happening and the most recent thing I've touched was draining/refilling the radiator. I've checked the tranny fluid and the level is correct, not burnt and there aren't any external leaks at the tranny or the cooling lines. I suppose the first order would be to change the fluid and filter. Maybe related (maybe not) is that a turn signal bulb burnt out and the vent blower motor has stopped working.

Any ideas?

Reply to
John