Blowers - which one?

1993 GT, stock, 5-spd, 2.73s, cat-back, timing bump. Going this route and got it narrowed down to two:

Vortech V-2 SQ S-Trim

or

Paxton NOVI 2000

Thanks.

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

I vote for the Novi.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

checkout Keene Bell too, you get full boost at about 1,700 RPM, the others have to spin up and get to full boost about 4,000 RPM when the engine is wound up Big difference in driving, lots of tourqe at low end with the KB, I have one on my 5.0 1993 LX ex cop car driving since about 97, no problems

Reply to
Bob A

Well, I like the Novi too, but doesn't the Keene Bell make it hard to hook-up?

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

no, easier in fact, just remove the top half of the intake and put on the blower. (2 man lift over engine) Bolt on. You have to modify the bracket that holds the AC and rotate the AC unit about 60 degrees, have to reconnect two fuel lines. (you can get the freon from the AC taken out and then put back in as a shop for cheap) addd a "boost a pump" to increase gas volume at WOT get one new AC hose at a AC place. everything else is/stays stock. order the install book and see what it needs.

It is worth the effort, the torque in low rpm is great.

In any case do a compression check first make sure they are very even and not a single leaker. Carbon will build up and cause the compression to go up and then you get detonation in the older cars

Good luck in any case, it is too much fun!.

Reply to
Bob A

Plus, with the Kenne Bell there is no need to tap into the oil pan.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Hook-up, as in like launching off the line? There's of chassis and drive train work to do yet. Also, doesn't you motor have hypereutectic pistons? They tend to break easily under detonation. A good tune will keep you out of that.

Reply to
Gill

To get traction... the low rpm power seems like it would just break the tires loose constantly.

Reply to
BradandBrooks

LOL, You are considering dropping over $6,000 on a blower kit and thinking a narrow power ban only at the higher RPM's would have an advantage because might hook up better?

Why bother? After all, isn't that what your throttle peddle is for?

There are some things you just can't have too much of...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

I have a Kenne Bell on my 89 LX. The throttle response is fantastic with a twin screw blower and very controllable. It is no different than running a high revving big block engine.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Okay.... never ridden in one of those before. I am going to look into it. Thanks.

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

With a Kenne Bell your car will drive the same as it does now except your torque curve will raise 100-150 ft-lbs across the entire rpm range. I like them because they deliver a substantial performance gain at all rpm levels and not just above 4500-5000 rpm like a centrifugal. The reason for this is that a twin screw blower will make its full rated boost amount from rpm to redline whereas the boost made by a centrifugal is dependent on the rpm rate.

If you have any questions about the KB setup on a 5.0L ask away. I know quite a bit about getting the most from these kits. I have run mine all the way up to 16 psi of boost.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Hi, thanks for the info. No, no questions at this time... but let me look and I'm sure I'll be back. ;)

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

Are you the Michael Johnson who was/is looking for his father in Bowling Green, Kentucky??? Charles M. Johnson III???? This man is my father-in-law. Please email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.

Michael Johns> >> BradandBrooks wrote:

Reply to
sweetkygirl784

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Dude, your long lost ex-wife??? LOL!

Reply to
WindsorFox

How may people with the name of "Michael Johnson" exist in this world? More than I few I would guess. The odds of me being THE Michael Johnson she is looking for is beyond remote. Although, meeting a 22 year old sweet KY girl may not be a bad thing, if my wife doesn't care. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson

"Michael Johnson" exist in this world?

Reply to