3.73 grars

Just got my 3.73 gears installed...glad I went with them instead of

3.55...now doing 75mph on speedo when I am doing 55mph...which new gear do I need to correct it ?? Still have the stock T5 in my 90 "Seven-up" convert.
Reply to
Johnny

I put in a 26" diam. tire, manual trans., 3.73 rear gears and an eight tooth drive gear,(new to the 90 T5) came up with a 23 tooth driven gear. But, they say there that the 23 tooth is weak, and to use the 21 tooth (red). Hope that helps.

Reply to
GILL

I know this has been raised a thousand times but I am going to go with gears next summer. I have the stock 2.73s in my 93 GT 5-spd. I was thinking of the

3.73s, but can you actually get any traction with them off the line? Second, and maybe more importantly, would 3.73s be too high with a blower. Just the run of the mill entry-level Paxton to get me to 300 horse. I know those come on higher up in the band, but would the gearing make it just spin from the line? Maybe then a 3.55 or dare I say a 3.27? (Oh, had 3.08s in a 92 LX 5.0 convertible with a 5-spd. Spun the tires no problem... 2.73s of course are more sluggish, surprisingly so, but you can get 30mpg on the highway with them!)

Thanks any and everyone.

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks