car stopped charging

i have a 93 mustang lx with a 5.0. i drove ir eariler today and it was fine. i let it sit for a few hours then went to drive it again and my battery meter was way low. i had the guy at autozone check my altanator with the machine. it said no output check wireing. could it just be my altanator or would it be in the wireing. if it is in the wireing where would i check it at. thanks

Reply to
Joker

Joker opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

Are you saying you took the alternator in to the bench machine, and it said "no output - check wiring"?

Or he tested it in the car?

If it tested bad in the shop, it's bad.

And, if tested in the car, the guy who tested it could have told you where to check.. if he wasnt a total idjit.

Actually, he could have found out with a meter in about a minute.

I dunno if you really want to go through the trouble of learning wiring systems.

Find another mustang lover who knows how to do it. or bite the bullet and take it into a shop.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

he tested it in the car

Reply to
Joker

Joker opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

It's still most likely the alternator. Remove it and have it bench-tested.

Not a waste of time given the likelihood that it's the culprit.

Given your question, a response on "how to find wiring problem" would be a chapter in a book.

Which, by the way, you should buy while you're there.

Check for "burnt looking" big wire.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic
** It's still most likely the alternator. Remove it and have it bench-tested. ** ** Not a waste of time given the likelihood that it's the culprit.

In agrement. Further, have the battery tested. Often a bad battery will kill an alternator. Be sure each cell is checked for charge capacity.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams