carb problem, 65 6 cyl coupe

Hi, can someone perhaps offer some help on this...

I have a rebuilt autolite 100 carb on my 65 coupe, 6 cylinder

I have it all set up and it revs properly though I need to get it into a shop to do the final adjustments

however, I can't get it to the shop! the car, when under power, chugs and coughs and more pedal pressure doesn't yield any more speed

is there something I might have wrong or need to adjust just to get it to the shop - I can't get it to the shop as it is now

please reply here I will check back later, thanks a lot

Chuck

Reply to
notmyname

Gill