Driver Darwin Award

In Toronto; Last week a guy decides to change his tire in the right lane of our local highway instead of pushing his car to the shoulder. Hit from behind and killed.

This week, a guy slams on his breaks on a highway because some geese were crossing, rear ended and killed.

Despite the fact Darwin is thwarted via various social programs, it's nice to see driving is still maintaining some kind of balance.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

You didn't mention if either had reproduced yet. Darwin works best when he gets them BEFORE they reproduce and their genes are spread into the pool.

Nevertheless, I love to see stupidity so richly rewarded. I am convinced that in the land of the stupid, that is the only way it can be eradicated.

LJH

95GT

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

Actually, a passenger, his teen-age daughter was killed.

Reply to
Jafo

Worse yet.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard
0

Ok, maybe I'm an idiot but I would make every attempt to avoid geese, as well. Besides, it was the driver of the car behind him that was at fault. Think about this...What if the driver was on a motorcycle? A car could easily plow over a large goose; but a small motorcycle could easily wreck if he hit them the wrong way. An idiot dumb enough to change his tire in the middle of the road definitely deserves the Darwin award, but I can't see the other driver being fit.

Reply to
Fao, Sean

People have to be conditioned away from this Walt Disney inspired propensity to save animals at the expense of people.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard