Cheapest lowering springs?

Does anyone know the what springs i can get to lower my mustang that arent expensive?

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

Shop around, douche. Here are a few to get you started:

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

$9.33 + Shipping. Knock yourself out. Please.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Seconded.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

Why are you always after the cheapest crap you can find? Most of feel we deserve good quality.....

They have previously frozen meat at the supermarket...... I'm glad I don't eat at your house.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Damn right. Why spend 9 1/3 bucks on a saw when you can pick up a carbide wheel for your drill for less? Plus, the wheel makes nifty sparks that will entertain you for hours.

I'm sure he/she would love to have you for dinner.

Reply to
CobraJet

I've got a set of chopped springs that will lower an early 'stang into a pandragger if that's really what you want. $5 + shipping. Post if interested

Reply to
vince garcia

Better than the discount canned meat, although, it does last longer...

Fred

Reply to
Fred Claugus

Now your making me think that she's related to Hannibal Lecter..

Reply to
Jim Warman

A cheaper dinner cannot be found.

Reply to
CobraJet

Cheapest is the old crude method of cutting your springs. Not safe in most cases.

Get some quality springs, they aren't that expensive. If you cannot afford to buy good springs then you shouldn't be considering spending money on springs just to lower the car, but spend it on something more important that doesn't put you and others on the road with you at risk.

Reply to
Brent P

That was cold.

Reply to
ironrod

I have to disagree with you there. This was common practice in the old days when there was nobody producing "lowering" springs that retained the original rate. Nobody had problems unless they cut way too much off. I had two cars with cut springs and no probs.

The "lowrider" method of heating springs with a torch was dangerous because that took the temper out of the metal. Combined with heavily offset skinny wheels, you were asking for *something* to go wrong. But I didn't run in that crowd.

Reply to
CobraJet

check out ebay, great deals (on new stuff). Also, look for the mach-1 set. think it has springs and shocks. Don't cut your springs, will give you a bad bouncy car with bad handling.

You didnt' say what car.

good luck

Rein

Again, it's the *amount* you take off that dictates negative ride aspects. We see the shitboxes bounce down the street because they have whacked off so much coil that they are effectively riding on the bump stops. Also, the lighter the car and the shorter the wheelbase, the more bounce.

Reply to
CobraJet

Thanks for the reply, i had 10 or so with about 1 or 2 that were actually literate, and helpfull... Ill look into the Mach-1... I had H&R springs on my previoous stang, but i didnt like the set cause it didnt lower it enough, and the price was fairly high as well... Im looking into DROPZONE springs too, have you ever heard of them? tom

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

Unless they cut too much off... think about that for a moment. Why is there a too much? The spring is being compromised. I wouldn't trust the springs on modern cars to have as much margin as those in the 'old days'.

That's another dangerous option. There's also the clamps from JC witney...

Reply to
Brent P

Did he say "douche"???

ROFL!!!

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Gotny pictures??

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Nope, don't know them. IF you lower the mustang more than 1 to 1.5 inches, you're going to have problems wrt the steering geometry. Will require more effort to fix it. Plus you'll bottom out everywhere. Speedbumps will be a nightmare. I personally have used the Steeda sport springs. Gives about 1.5 inches of drop. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein