Check engine light is off!?

Fuel caps are not covered under warranty, according to my dealer. What a joke these people are! A $5 part took me $189 to diagnose.

Reply to
Mr. Ford

Don't know bout your neck of the woods but a new gas cap from the dealer cost me $23.00 and still did not cure the problem.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Sibbett

Replaced the gas cap with one from a '98 and the light came back on in record time. :-( The caps were identical.

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

You inspected all the hoses leading the the purge valve when you replaced it, didn't you?

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Yes, and nothing appeared to be loose or kinked...to me, but then I am not even sure what to look for! :-(( Honestly I'm growing tired of this crap. Sadly, as soon as I can I'm visiting a Ford dealer.