Clockspring

Just replaced a 1990 LX clockspring.Part has been superceded to F2CZ14A664-B. Dont quote me on #.Part has been redesigned and no longer uses the little spring and pin arrangement with the 3 separate tracks.Be aware it calls for a new bearing retainer plate so wires to the new mechanism will clear,Although old one can be modified, (no-one told me.)I now have a working horn,cruise, and the airbag.

Reply to
scott and barb

I just found this out yesterday... It was not until I had all the parts out (pre-reading the instructions is a rarity for me) that I realized the plate needed to be changed too (you would think FORD would have flagged this for

90-91 models and have the parts departments warn customer of the other needed parts). Luckily the old plate was easy to modify with just a few cuts.

I'm glad to be rid of the air bag error I had in the dash.

Reply to
Slightly Graying Wolf

Reply to
scott and barb