Wanted To Buy: 1990 740T Heater Blower Motor

Wanted To Buy: 1990 740T Heater Blower Motor

Mine is Kaput!

Thanks,

Matt

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Reply to
Matthew Pierce

Suggest you go to this URL for some additional info:

Joe

Reply to
jdunville

Don't even bother with a used one, unless they changed something, it's the exact same motor as a Chevy Celebrity uses, under $20 at any Schucks or similar.

Reply to
James Sweet

Thanks James but the brickboard says this:

[Note: Latest comment: There is no GM part equivalent to the Volvo blower motor for 1990 and later 7xx/9xx. The part may work fine in an earlier Volvo. The Volvo replacement part has been redesigned from the original 1990 part so you can't just get the blower motor assembly - you need the assembly, a new plastic mounting plate, and according to parts person, a new resistor added to the switch.]

So whats the deal? I have a 1990 740T. According to this comment I missed the GM part equivalent by one year. Is this true?

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Pierce

Sounds like it, I've never pulled apart a '90, I'm curious to see how hard it would be to use a GM fan motor in it though. I did the fan on an '87 GLE and the GM/AC Delco part was a drop in replacement, side by side it was identical in every way.

Reply to
James Sweet