Clunk in '01 GT

Just took my car into the dealer for some warranty work, and thought I'd share the result. There was a clunking sound coming from right under the floorboard, and you could feel it coming up through the floor and pedals. It seemed to be worse when starting and stopping (it's a stick). So off to the dealer we go. I go the car back with the diagnosis of...hold on...two of the transmission mount bolts were missing. This is a 2001 with

12,000 miles. Whoops. So, I start her up and drove out to the street...and the check engine light remains on. Now, there's a problem I didn't have before. I turned right back around and went back to the service bay and explained my problem. They were good about it, and immediately called the guy that worked on it. My car was up on a rack within 10 minutes. They called me abut an hour later and said it was an O2 sensor that had been damaged. How it happened I don't know, but they fixed it. Despite the whole check engine thing, I can't complain at all about the service from the dealer. (They sales guys are a$$holes, but a good service department).
Reply to
Ken and Amy Andrews

Happy to help. I have no complaints about the service department. (I even got an appointment within 12 hours of calling them). Maybe a little off topic, but this was a Blue Oval certified dealer. From what I have heard, this means a few extra dollars from Ford in the dealership's pocket, so they work a little harder for customer satisfaction. Anybody have any basis for comparison between the Blue Oval dealers and non-Blue Oval dealers? Or is this a bunch of B.S.?

Reply to
Ken and Amy Andrews

That pretty much echoes everything I've heard abut it. BTW...this dealership historically had a not-so-good reputation in the area. I had a problem right after I got the car, (read:engine failed at 58 miles). The dealership lived up to their end of it. They ended up talking back and forth with Ford, and replaced the motor. It irritated me that I drove a brand new car (special order from Ford) for 2 days and the engine blew, but such is life I guess. We had a few words, and the individual dealer ended up leaving over the incident, but they were within their rights in this state. Anyway, the car has run like a clock, and I've not had any problems (until now), and the service department this past time was great. I guess they are working to keep that certification :)

customers.......

Reply to
Ken and Amy Andrews