Convert 1984 from V6 to V8?

Hey all -

This is a long way out since I am not done with my '68 yet, but if I were to convert a 1984 hatchback from V6 to V8, what all would be involved? I would assume I'd need:

1) basically a complete drive train - tranny, shaft, rear end 2) heavier suspension all the way around

Past that, what?

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Cameron

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:15:41 +0000, Thomas Cameron rearranged some electrons to form:

Seems like it would be easier to sell it and find a V8 car.

Reply to
David M

Thomas Cameron wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@camerontech.com:

A complete roll-over wreck. Exchange EVERYTHING!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Cheapest and most efficient way to do what you want is to get a hoist, and attach it to the radiator cap. Lift the cap up, and replace everything underneath it with a V8 car.

unless you just have

A. Lots of free time B. Lots of extra money. C. Some type of unexplained attachment to THAT car. D. Access to lots of FREE parts (but see A anyway)

Reply to
Armon Tanzerian

Hmm... I've got plenty of C, but could use some more of A, B, and D. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren