convertible stiffening

my 97 has the strut tower, 98 + don't even have that. No mustang has subframe connectors. just exactly did they do to stiffen the convertibles. I keep hearing convertibles are slow because they are heavier. Where?

Reply to
Neal Lowrey

Not true, the '99+ GT and Cobra (not sure about the V6) has subframe connectors. They are pretty pathetic but they *are* on there :). No strut tower brace, however.

Four point K-member brace and sub-frame connectors. That's the only stock chassis stiffening I'm aware of on the '99+. The weight difference is also in the hydraulics, motors, and boot for the top. The difference is about

160 lbs, so it's not really all that tremendous anywhere but at the limit on the track.
Reply to
Dan Talso

at 18 Jul 2003, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:lXXRa.2783$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com:

I beg to differ. I doubt she'd have been as attractive with a figure like Twiggy. :-)

Reply to
Paul

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 19:32:33 GMT, "SVTKate" wrote something wonderfully witty:

You wouldn't happen to be a bit on the Rubenesque side now would you?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

You know, my '96 GT vert had a strut tower brace and no subframe connectors, and my '03 Cobra vert has no strut tower brace and the cheesy factory subframe connectors.

Which do you think has the better, tighter, and more solid feel?

The structural rigidity of my '96 was like a 10 (good) compared to the 1 (bad) of my '03...

Very disappointing, as cowl shake really detracts from the driveablilty of an automobile. Perhaps weld-in subframe connectors will help -

Reply to
Christopher Shea