Did Ford go the wrong direction in gas mileage and HP?

43 years old here.
Reply to
Mark Jones

42 as of a month ago an you'll always be older than me. Remember that when you turn 50, you old fart. {;-)

btw - Didja see the pics of my Rodlites?

P.S. - It was good ol' CJ that turned me on to these in the first place.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

"Dave Sibbett" wrote in news:76arc.8325$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny03.gnilink.net:

Dave, you've got a few months on me. I'd have remembered the prices you mentioned, but most of the brain cells have been blasted to smithereens along the way...

Joe

And I can remember when you could buy Hudson gas for 15.9!

Reply to
Dave Combs

After that brief reminiscing of R&R music we had, you knew I was no spring chicken. Maybe we should start a new club. The Dinosaur Club featuring the Dinosnakes. So who wants to be D/S 1??? BTW, 51 since January....

-- Mike

93 Cobra-snake necktie
Reply to
Mike R

I'm only 25! ...years past the [golden] age of 16...

Patrick (not yet ready to join the Old Farts Club)

Reply to
Patrick
39.9.......and holding
Reply to
winze

14 MPG in town?!?! Nice. That's what my 1980 Bronco gets on the highway. In the city, 10 MPG if I drive it nice. Usually less. I can't believe it, but my 5.0 with 2.73s is a major improvement!

Brad

Reply to
Brad

  1. (I'm not a regular poster, but a regular reader) My first car was a '66 Mustang with the 140 speedo. (Man, I'm lucky to be alive...Hope my kids never do what I did......) Next car was a '76 Cobra II, Charlie's Angels look alike. It had a heavily modified C4/302 with a Buddy Bar tri-power. What a sleeper. My current project is a '78 Mercury Zephyr Z7 with a 302. That 302 MIGHT be replaced by a 500+ cubed 460 based motor. (Luckily not my daily driver) Seems like I work on the mini-vans a lot more than the projects. ;-)
Reply to
Kruse

I've positioned myself well to enjoy the big 5.0 in June.

dwight Two '93 5.0's, no waiting

Reply to
dwight

Yeah, but in 1971, $5,300 was probably a good annual wage, too! Sure, the prices have gone up over the years, but so has income (hopefully). The numbers have changed, but the relationship has stayed the same.

Gasoline accounts for the same percentage of my income today as it did in

1972. (Roughly)

dwight

Reply to
dwight

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Patrick, enjoy it while you can. It seems there's a mathematically exponential relationship between your own age and how fast time seems to pass you by.

Joe

"dwight" wrote in news:2h69ogF9h481U1@uni- berlin.de:

I hope you take each of your 5-oh's out on your 5-oh. That would be quite appropriate.

BTW, hitting 5-oh will probably be your last chance to wrangle neat gifts out of your relatives. ;)

Joe

No QUESTION, I'm taking them both out. My birthday is a 5-day weekend this year, so I'll have plenty of time.

As for wrangling neat gifts, nobody treats me better than I do. I'm looking at the Canon Digital Rebel, but might compromise and go with the Fujifilm S7000. (I'm still using my first 1.3 megapixel Olympus - good, but not great.)

My wife is giving me a boot cover for the convertible, and my daughter is giving me new front light assemblies for TFrog. They just don't know it yet.

Can't wait to see what The Boy gives me...

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Joe,

I think what happens is after your 18th birthday someone starts clipping a day or two out of your year until you die. At 41, my once

365 day year now seems to be down to about 290-300 days.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

"dwight" wrote

Probably, but I saw on FoxNews the other day that for the last few years, inflation has been about 3.8% while wage increases have only been 2.7%. I think that's why this "economic boom" the US is having right now is kind of a joke. Inflation has slowed down, but my income hasn't caught up. *Yet economy*, yeah right.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

"66 6F HCS" wrote

Yay not yet. Stupid spellchecker.

Reply to
66 6F HCS
40 bang on..... StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet
60.5 and rolling!

Reply to
Dave Combs

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

So that's it! Hell, I think I'm down to about 11 weeks in a year..

Joe