Do not Do Business with AFS WHEELS!

AFS Wheels has yanked me around over and over again, their wheels they sent me were defective, and over two months have gone by and even though I'm doing everything the owner wants me to, nothing is getting done!

Check out

for more info =(

Reply to
Jason Jackson
** AFS Wheels has yanked me around over and over again, their wheels they ** sent me were defective, and over two months have gone by and even ** though I'm doing everything the owner wants me to, nothing is getting ** done! ** ** Check out
for more info Amazing story. 0.135" is WAY too thin for any wheel application! This doesn't look like a defect to me: it looks like a terrible design problem that is more than likely prevalant in the rest of their products. Anyone else around here using AFS products might want to have a close look at this site.

I'm now much happier knowing I bought OEM Ford Motorsport wheels, instead of going with a less expensive knock-off.

If you paid by credit card, you have 90 days from the time you received your statement to do a chargeback. I would suggest you contact your issuer if this is the case. I just did this with a shitty little outfit called Pogo Products after they sent me crap-in-a-box and told me to get lost when I asked to return it for a refund. Mail order outfits need to get their act together.

Regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams---------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

You've got a typo in your link, it should be

Rein

Man, what a bad company. ADD.. yeah right.. A good company would have given you a credit if they didn't have the replacement wheels in stock. What a bad practice. Call the BBB and report this. Let us know how this turns out.

Rein

Oh my dear LORD that is f*cking crazy! Why would you even put up with this for over 2 months?? I'd be filing a lawsuit already! Jeez... quit taking his sh*t & stick up for yourself by doing more than putting up a web-site. I'd at least talk to a lawyer & see what options you have.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

V'ger

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers
Reply to
V'ger

Thx for the advice, however I did my own research & found this...

as qoted from AFS "Unfortunately Jason ran over an object damaging two wheels on the same side of his vehicle at the same time. Hitting an object is not a covered warranty item. He hit something so hard it pushed part of the rubber tire up inside the wheel. Part of the rubber is still stuck up inside the crack in the wheel. He claims that they "just blew out". It obviously would not be possible for the tire to get pinched up inside the metal of the rim if that were factual. The wheel was also hit so hard that it is now egg shaped. I am attaching pictures to show the actual damage. In the one picture you can see the rubber sticking in the crack, and in the other picture you can see the wheel is now egg shaped."

Reply to
KellyJ

Makes me happy to know that I bought Eagle Alloys... I nearly bought from AFS. Their people on the phone were very nice and helpful, it's a shame you had a bad experience.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

this...

rid=desolate_flux

Where did you see this?

Reply to
Keith

Its sad you're getting a rough time from these people.

I have a few questions to ask after viewing the pictures of the wheels and reading the web page.

How many miles had you put on this wheel/tire combo? What kind of weather conditions did you drive in? Do you live in a coastal area? (salty air)

The reason I ask is because these wheels weren't even 40 days old, yet there was quite a bit of corrosion, rust transfer and general grunge on them. You aren't trying to scam them are you?

With a low aspect ratio tire it would seem entirely possible to damage a wheel without damaging the tire tread. It would depend on what object you ran over.

Check out

for more info =(

Reply to
justa guy

Yeah, but as Keith asked, where did you find the other side of the story? Got a link?

Reply to
Garth Almgren

As everyone knows there are 2 sides to every tale, so I decided to look at the other side. Appears to be he spent allot of hard earned $$'s on wheels then had an "accident" hit something or whatever & is now following the wrong venues for remorse. I agree with whoever it was that said small claims court, hmmmmmm wonder why he isn't going the route? Just my thoughts Jason also failed to show pics of the wheel with tire (rubber) wedged into the "crack".

this...

> rid=desolate_flux> > as qoted from AFS "Unfortunately Jason ran over an object damaging two> > wheels on the same side of his vehicle at the same time. Hitting an> object

Reply to
KellyJ

If Jason is "desolate_flux" he had 12 negative feedbacks in two months from people he was selling items to. He currently is suspended from ebay.

this...

> rid=desolate_flux> > as qoted from AFS "Unfortunately Jason ran over an object damaging two> > wheels on the same side of his vehicle at the same time. Hitting an> object

Reply to
justa guy

I emailed AFS wheels, who currently has the wheels in question, after telling them who I am they were very forthcoming in sending me pics of the wheels and also correspondence between them and Jason. I also have an email stating AFS offered a refund but Jason refused, said he wanted replacements. So he's got me as proof if he wants a refund. I'm wondering, why would you want more wheels made by the very place you are bad mouthing. Ok I'm off my soap box, just hate to see people badmouthed without knowing both sides. Normally the bad mouther' is the 1 in the wrong.

Reply to
KellyJ

------------------

Where is the webpage and pics you speak of? Please post a link. Thanks. Just curious.

Reply to
jack0554

18" wheels (?) with extremely low profile rubber, two wheels on the SAME side of the car damaged, and you're the first we've heard of having problems with these wheels. Are you sure you didn't hit something? ;-)
Reply to
Keith

Jack, Here they are.

Main page is:

Links contained on above page:

------------------

Where is the webpage and pics you speak of? Please post a link. Thanks. Just curious.

Reply to
justa guy

"Jason" lives somewhere in my area. In Virginia Beach. So yes a coastal area.

Reply to
John Wiebalk

Sure looks and seems like he hit something. I don't see why a potentially "weak" rim would become damaged that way. If anything, if the rim was at fault, it might develop a straight crack somewhere, but not a "dent". Or perhaps the owner of the rims would say that he hit a "mild" pothole causing catastrophic failure to these rims where most other rims would have survived? If this is his story, then he really has no case, because no one can show or prove the size of the pothole/object he hit. As for me... I am sticking with my OEM Ford Bullitt rims which look and perform excellent.

Reply to
jack0554

Ok, I just read a bit more at the webpage... the owner of the rims says: "This was most likely caused by running over a common piece of road debris : a rock or chunk of concrete certainly no larger than a chicken egg. NOT some unusually large object that would have also resulted in tire damage." This makes sense... but for all anyone knows, the tires had too little air pressure in them causing the small rock to blast right into the rim and break it, etc. The whole thing is a giant gray area. The rim owner is basically admitting that he hit something. What he hit we'll never know. Maybe it was an egg sized rock. Maybe it was a football sized rock. If the rim owner is totally legit in his claim and actually hit a small egg sized rock, then unfortunately, it looks like he will lose out anyway. If the rims are made of material that is "too thin", then why did the owner buy them in the first place? Perhaps he should have checked into this before making such a large purchase. I know I would have. But in sum, if the rim owner had stuck with OEM equipment, such a problem never would have happened. Lesson of the day... leave well enough alone.

Reply to
jack0554