Does it really do that? Suuuurre it does...

I've never had a car dyno'd. How much does this typically cost? I am genuinely curious to see if my newly acquired Mustang puts out the amount of beefcake that is claimed. I'm right outside of DC should anyone happen to have any recommendations..

Thanks

Reply to
Jason Mc New

Most shops around here in Virginia Beach are about 50-75 for two runs with A/F ratios. Most shops wont do just one run. as most of the work is strapping it in. why bother taking 5 mins to strap in for one 15sec run. I dont know of any shops up in DC but usually any "speed shop" will know where one can be found. Also look for a shop that has a "dyno day" usually its a big event where the dyno is alot cheaper and they usually have contests and such. The last one I went to it was $35 per run.

Reply to
John Wiebalk

I know of nothing in DC or Alexandria, Arlington is iffy... maybe Springfield, but Baltimore is probably easier to get to from DC. I never dyno'd up there, but you can get 2 pulls w/ A/F for around $60, down this way.. 3 for $75 on specials.

I have to tell you, I don't miss DC... Good Luck!

Reply to
Mustang_66

Also, if you track down a shop or two in your area with a dyno machine, try to talk to others who've run on it previously. I've been told that not all dyno machines are created equal, and whether due to mis-calibration or user variations, there can be differences. Getting some feedback from folks who've already done it will offer a glimpse into the accuracy of the shop's dyno. Hope this helps.

Randy

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

randy pavatte