Next Mustang Cobra Delayed, Again?

Again, per Hemmings:

- Speculation had a 400 hp, IRS-equipped Cobra debuting in '06 .

- Fact had it arriving in calander year '06 as an '07 model.

- But now the '07 model date is "in danger".

- Now it may debut in '08.

While I'd rather wait to make sure Ford gets it right (we don't want or need another '99 Cobra) this (and the Lightning) kinda makes me wonder what's going on inside Ford?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
NoOption5L

Again, per Hemmings:

- Speculation had a 400 hp, IRS-equipped Cobra debuting in '06 .

- Fact had it arriving in calander year '06 as an '07 model.

- But now the '07 model date is "in danger".

- Now it may debut in '08.

While I'd rather wait to make sure Ford gets it right (we don't want or need another '99 Cobra) this (and the Lightning) kinda makes me wonder what's going on inside Ford?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
NoOption5L

Crazy. I got a feeling that of the Cobra comes out with 400hp....it wont cut it anynore. The Z06 will have 500 and the base GT's 300 is just a supercharger away from mid 450's. Cobra needs 500 hp. Any why shouldn't it? Only reason I would think is its rating being to close to the Ford Gt's 550hp.

Fox3

Reply to
FOX 3

Crazy. I got a feeling that of the Cobra comes out with 400hp....it wont cut it anynore. The Z06 will have 500 and the base GT's 300 is just a supercharger away from mid 450's. Cobra needs 500 hp. Any why shouldn't it? Only reason I would think is its rating being to close to the Ford Gt's 550hp.

Fox3

Reply to
FOX 3

If they keep this up, I'm going to lose all interest and save up for something else. Sheesh...

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate