Finally Installed My Weld Rodlites

The pics suck but I was in a hurry... so sue me. :) I'll post up some good pics as soon as I get 'em shot.

I went ahead and went all out on the install. I ordered the correct ARP 3" studs for the rears (they were relatively cheap). The fronts, however, were a whole different story. The only way to get the correct ARP long studs for the fronts is from Baer. They're the only people who have ordered a batch from ARP and they are DAMN proud of 'em... to the tune of 7.25 PER STUD! The alternative is to pull the hubs, use the perfect size drill bit on a press, and install stock-knurl studs of a different size. For the difference in time, sweat, and money, I opted for the Baer route. It was kinda pricey for the whole operation but now I'm damn sure legal at any track with any tire under any sanctioning body.

I only got 3 passes in with 'em Friday night so I'm still workin' out the launch but I knocked off a 2.04 with ease and no longer have to pedal it when I hit 2nd! 13.62 was my best pass which is about .1 quicker than I've ever run here. Enjoy...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

Cool!! For track use only or gonna runn 'em all the time?

//Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Almost looks like a racecar now ...lol Really looks good Tom.

Reply to
Jim Chodrick

I'm gonna leave 'em on unless I decide to take a road trip in the Stang. I'm keepin' my street wheels for just that reason. The Ranger in the background is my daily driver and the Stang gets the comfy garage life now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

Thanks Jim. You need to come down and put in a little track time one of these nights.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

Looks good. Now that car needs a big Windsor so it can be fast.

Reply to
HELMUT RONER

Looks good. I had them on my 89 lx. :)

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Stopped working at the track again Tom. Local Norman company is on strike, so I am pulling 12 hour shifts for them on security and executive protection. The pay is fabulous...so the track had to go to the back burner.

The wheels look great...but I am disappointed with you. As well maintained as the Mustang is, I would never have expected to see grass growing through the cracks in your driveway. Do I need to drop off some Round-Up to you? LOL.

Oh yeah...and Jim does need to come down again sometime.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper