Finally finished my CJ dashboard

Finally finished the dashboard. Took forever but now all my gauges work as well as indicators, idiot lights everything. I've posted pics if you are interested.

Rich

Rich,

Looks nice. Thanks for your service overseas.

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

I know I know. I hold my head down in shame. It gets damn cold here Bill, and it keeps Mama happy when she's warm. (it comes out in the warm weather though). BUT, with the carpet came Mastercraft seats too, it was a package I sold her on...."but honey!" LOL

Reply to
Rich

Glad you could use the custom dash light patterns. If anyone else needs custom dash light inserts, you'll find info in this thread:

go down to about the14th post... Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

While we are on the subject of CJ dashes, does anyone know of a source for the large pan oval head Torx drive screws that mount the dash to the body? I have several that are in need of replacing...

Thanks, Bruce

Reply to
Highcountry

Thanks Jeff! they worked out great. Bruce, do yourseld a favor and switch to socket headed screws. Much easier to replace and you can get them in stainless, chrome, zinc and black phosphate. I used black phosphate and I like the look. Rich

Reply to
Rich

I'm just nostalgic and like the look of the old Torx monsters! I remember going down to the Jeep dealer when the new 1987 Wranglers came in, boy was I unimpressed! So, after many years I found an unmolested CJ and nabbed it. Been happily puttering around ever since!

Thanks, Bruce

Reply to
Highcountry