Flywheel balancing question?

Is it okay to weld weights on a steel flywheel for balancing?

All replies appreciated....thanks.

Reply to
rick

Works for wheels. I'm guessing that it may depend on how much it's off by, and where.

Reply to
Spike

Yes, you can weld them on. But be very carefull. Too much heat will warp the flywheel.

Reply to
.boB

Take the thing and have it done, this is not something to play with, I have not had it done i quite awhile but it use to cost $30.00

Reply to
dans1942

Just had a new engine balanced for $100.

Reply to
Spike