Ford's Shelby Cobra

DEAD.

Alive.

I think they could have kept some of the attributes (visual) of the original. Now it looks like some kind of Aston Martin crossed with a Jag XK-8.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

You are aware these are two totally different cars right? The first one is the Shelby Cobra redone and the second one is an entirely different car called the GR1.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Are you all aware this car was originally called the AC Ace? I saw one in Brentwood in HRG recently. Sounded like an OHC sixer, defintely with multiple carbs, and maybe just as rare as the Cobras from which it was made.

Reply to
Wound Up

Err... from which... Shelby made his Cobras... lo siento mucho

Reply to
Wound Up

The GR1 replaces the failed design for the new Cobra. They needed another $130,000 car, for some reason. Still no competition for the Vette, but maybe the Viper.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA