Four-Door Mustangs/Camaros Coming Soon To A Showroom Near You

First from Hemmings we read about the 2012 Mustang:

"The chassis could be shared with Australian Falcon and could spawn a sedan similar to the 427 concept car for the US market."

And now this about a new generation of Chevy Impala:

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

4 door? That's disgusting! Gee. How about a 4 door 'vette, Viper, or....????
Reply to
veegerNO SPAM

veegerNO snipped-for-privacy@snowcrest.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Anybody remember the whining about the Charger? ;)

Joe

Why not? If you don't like it stick with the 2 door, but they've had 4 door Falcons for many years now.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

It's called a 'Pony Car' not 'Pony Cart'

think on!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Well, played :0) A Falcon is a sedan, no matter how hot you build it, and a Mustang is a sports car. If I wanted a sedan, I'd buy a Falcon or whatever.

Reply to
veegerNO SPAM

Purists say if it has more than two seats and isn't a convertible it's not a sports car.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Keep in mind the more they build on the platform the lower the price can be, plus the more they build the more the aftermarket will support our pony cars.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1160100193.847230.33260 @h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Trying to reel in the riceburner generation who actually think that 4 doors are cool.

Reply to
elaich

Or why not a 4-door Dodge Charger? Oh, wait a minute, that's one of the reasons I'm not considering buying one...

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Of course. So make a four door version, avoid the Mustang styling cues, and call it something else.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

As we know, that's the plan for the names -- Chevy's 4-door will be called the Impala. (We'll have to wait and see what Ford names their

4-door version, but I strongly doubt it'll be Mustang.) As for the cues, I for one don't have a problem with these 4-doors having some hints of Mustang/Camaro. In fact, I'd really like to see Ford build these:

I miss New Mexico!

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Have you ever sat in the "back seat" of a Mustang, Camaro, Firebird, etc? If you have for any length of time, I doubt you'd call it a seat. LOL :0)

Reply to
veegerNO SPAM

Next you'll want a tailgate with a pop up third seat and a roof rack :0)

Reply to
veegerNO SPAM

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

Chevy's had the concept for a while:

Only thing it needs is an LS motor...

Reply to
Joe

Yeah, a Mustang based Ranchero. Perfect.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Ah. I'd gotten the impression the plan was to name it a Mustang.

Keeping the styling cues is risky -- you want it to be clear the vehicles came from the same company for a halo effect on the wagon, without the wagon diluting the Mustang.

It's a good place to be!

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

"Joe" wrote

I sure do... it went on forever.

Kate

2O]]]]]]]O6 Rubicon
Reply to
Kate

"Joe" wrote >

Oh ANNNNNND.... Now the four door Wrangler.

Though, it is a spiffy looking rig, they took out the die hard straight six and are putting in the same V6 that's in the Liberty, it's not much. A small V8 would have been damn nice.

Kate

Still in an 06 Rubicon - this means I can go almost anywhere topless!

Reply to
Kate

"Kate" wrote in news:bDeWg.39213$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews7.bellsouth.net:

Now that's a shame. The straight 6 was bulletproof.

Reply to
Joe