Fricka fracka ricka racka Ford

Must be a hell of a grade. I've never had to downshift to stay at 75...

...hmmm... maybe I should look into two-inchers...

:()

Reply to
dwight

But have you done anything else? I have 2.5" and I gained power from it, but I have different heads, intake manifold and throttle body as well.

Reply to
WindsorFox

I'm talking 88GT vert with a stock engine here, at 75mph the engine is turning less than 2000rpm in 5th gear with larger gears the equation changes somewhat due to the engine running closer to its power band.

Reply to
Ironrod

My engine is mostly stock, the only major changes being the addition of an adjustable fuel pressure regulator & a FRPP Cobra Fuel system. (Cobra ECU,

24 pound injectors & 73mm MAF) other than that the engine is still factory. When you start talking new heads, cam, manifold & the like then you're talking about things outside my range of experience. (Which is why I tend to preface my remarks with the term "On an other wise stock engine". )
Reply to
Ironrod

Yeah, I've got the same. I was just saying, must be a hell of a grade. We don't have real mountains out here on the east coast. That said, though, I've never minded downshifting and pushing the skinny pedal down.

dwight

Reply to
dwight