License plates for Yellow '05 GT

I'm looking for ideas for the Virginia plates for my new GT. Many of the good ones are gone, especially anything with the word PONY in it, although I was able to reserve PONY V8. The limit is seven letters/numbers. Any ideas from you imaginative folks?

Thanks! BTW, got it out of the shop with the new transmission. All the 'clunking' noises are gone. The service manager said the fluid drained from the tranny had metal filings in it. They didn't take it apart as Ford wanted it returned to the factory immediately.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

How about 'YELL05' ? Love the car BTW!

Reply to
Jim Chodrick

I like that one Jim! Very clever!

| > Thanks! BTW, got it out of the shop with the new transmission. All the | > 'clunking' noises are gone. The service manager said the fluid drained | > from the tranny had metal filings in it. They didn't take it apart as | > Ford wanted it returned to the factory immediately. | >

| > John H | >

| > On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, | > on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! | >

| > "Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to | > resolve it." | > Rene Descartes | |

Reply to
SVTKate

My personal favourite (though not my idea) is "KYFPO"....

Keep Yer F*ckin' Paws Off, in case you're wondering.

Reply to
Jim Warman

thanks ; )

Reply to
Jim Chodrick
  1. SCRMN05 (Screamin 05)
  2. MLOYLO (Mello Yellow)
  3. MYYLOGT (My Yellow GT)
  4. YELOBLY (Yellow Belly)
  5. SUNDROP (...)
  6. SUNRISE (...)
  7. LDRTHNU (Louder Than You)
  8. NOTBLUE (Not Blue)
  9. NOTRED (Not Red)
  10. LITBULB (Lite Bulb)

That took about 1 minute of time. I am sure you can think of some others.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Check out Tom Schmidt's Mustang links site. He's got loads of submitted vanity plate suggestions there.

To see how it would look, surf over to
and punch in your idea.

You need to change your sig when you're not in wrecked.boats. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

I think one of the funniest I have ever seen was on an MG migit. The little car was green with a white top it read NOTA7UP

| > Thanks! BTW, got it out of the shop with the new transmission. All the | > 'clunking' noises are gone. The service manager said the fluid drained | > from the tranny had metal filings in it. They didn't take it apart as | > Ford wanted it returned to the factory immediately. | >

| > John H | >

| > On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, | > on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! | >

| > "Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to | resolve it." | > Rene Descartes | |

Reply to
SVTKate

I like it! Gotta wait for the wife to get out of bed and see if she likes it. Also, it's still available in VA.

Thanks.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

Great site! Gave me lots of ideas such as EQUUS GT, MYYLOGT, YLOMOON, YLO PONY, YLO HOSS, 05BRONC, KSMYHUF. HEEYAA just to name a few.

Thanks!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

We've got a board of little old folks who make sure the plates don't violate any standards. They wouldn't let me use 'RX 4 ME' for a motorcycle because they said it announced drug sales. Jeeesh!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

Wow, thanks Don. MLOYLO was one of my very first tries, but someone beat me to it. #'s 3,5,6 were also taken. You gave me the idea for YLO MOON. Thanks!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

I've had 4 mustangs since 85, all with personalized plate. On my 85, 89 I had L8TLY (as in have you driven a ford...lately) On my 95 and my current 99, I have NA-P51D, which always has people wondering what it means, UNLESS they know anything about world war 2 airplanes......there was one, made by north american aviation, called a P51 mustang, the "D" was the bubble top version. So, if you look at my plate, it would be (N)orth (A)merican (P51D)mustang.......we are restricted to 6 characters, or I would have used NAA-P51D

Reply to
RH

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:20:01 -0500, JohnH wrote something wonderfully witty:

ALL MINE :)

Or my all time Fave

No Plate

Reply to
ZombyWoof

SCREEMN

YEL OHHH

Reply to
SVTKate

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:50:05 -0800, "Mark" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Well if my deal goes through I am hoping to get 67-RETRO

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Thanks all!

I've about settled on EQUUS-GT, although HEE YAA is still in the running. I do appreciate all the ideas and sites you've provided.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

You could abandon the yellow theme completely and maybe try to relive some youth.

DATECAR

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

I'd stay away from "Equus"...I know it is the genus name in the horse family, it is also a disturbing movie from 1977 about a troubled teen who mutilated horses.

Granted there are many who never heard of the movie Equus (except Jenny Agutter fans) and many who don't know what "Equus" is...but those who know the latter probably know about the former. But that's just my opinion.

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale