Fuel Gauge Inaccurate

When I was driving to class this morning, my fuel gauge said I had about

3/4 tank (which sounds right). Well after my classes (4 hours later) I was driving for a couple miles when I look down and it says I only have 1/8 a tank left. I thought perhaps someone syphoned me, so I pulled over (and turned off the car) to check but there was no evidence to support this. When I restarted it, the gauge said 1/8 still so I said whatever and went to grab lunch. Well I stop at a taco shop and grab some lunch to go, restart my car (about 5-10 mins later) and the gauge is back to where it should be (roughly 3/4 tank). Is this a sign of a sensor going out on me? My car is a 98 Mustang V6 with 75,000 miles as of last week.

Adios, ~Nick

Reply to
Nicholas Andrade