Intake Spacer

I have heard and read lots about intake spacers, from they suck to they add

5-10 horses. I just bought a 1/2 inch one so I will let you know. What is the general conesncus?

Donnie

2002 GT Vert
Reply to
Donald Weisse

Well, my car feels faster after I wash it :) How you gonna let us know? If it's on a dyno I'll listen.

Reply to
Gill

You won't be able to tell the difference. Dont waste your money.

I have an intake spacer on my 331 but it was not to improve performance. I needed the extra 3/8" clearance so the throttle body would clear the taller valve covers (needed for the taller rocker studs).

LJH

95GT

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

Used it to clear valve covers too...

The only advantage to the spacer is that on the drag strip it's easier to cool down your intake between runs as it provides some thermal isolation to the block. So, at the track, you ice up your intake between runs. It cools faster, stays cooler longer. Lets you do a run with a cooler charge.

Put into a global strategy it works, alone it does nothing except make your intake runners longer which will help the bottom end and hurt the high rev performance.

2 cents..

Serge

Reply to
Serge