Funny video - What showing off will get you.

Dang... that was pretty stupid!

Kate

Sheer driver incompetence. The best way to learn car control during skids is to go have fun sliding around in a large, empty, snow covered parking lot. It should be a required activity for every driver.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Having just purchased this old Mustang, can't wait until the rains come. With oil and such being baked into the pavement during sunny months, when the pavement gets wet, look out. Hope I remember my Ohio snow and ice training :)

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 18:23:25 GMT, "goodnigh" wrote something wonderfully witty:

"This Old Mustang"....Hmm, sounds like a good title for a new Speed Channel segment!! Somebody get me a script writer quick. "A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship." -- Alexander Tyler

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Robert A. Plourde Jr.

Yeh; No ABS, No airbags, dubious seatbelt system... At least it is good old fashion Detroit iron.

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

Michael Johnson, PE

I grew up in small town Indiana. We had a Kroger's there and it was a given that their parking lot was the place to be during a good snowfall at about 2:00 in the morning. There was so much room to slide around that it didn't matter if you had been drinking or not. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Clearly a triumph of technology over reason.

goodnigh

I got to do it when I was a kid :) in the parking lot at the auction yard just up the road from our house, then later in Alaska at the Mall...

that was FUN!

Kate

small town indiana...krogers...would it be anywhere near monticello indiana??? I was once stranded in a KROGERS with my 65 in indiana in Feb...it was NOT fun.

Michael Johns> >>> Dang... that was pretty stupid!

meggers

>>> Sheer driver incompetence. The best way to learn car control during skids>>>> is to go have fun sliding around in a large, empty, snow covered parking>>>> lot. It should be a required activity for every driver.>>> Having just purchased this old Mustang, can't wait until the rains>>> come. With oil and such being baked into the pavement during>>> sunny months, when the pavement gets wet, look out.>>> Hope I remember my Ohio snow and ice training :)>> I grew up in small town Indiana. We had a Kroger's there and it was a>> given that their parking lot was the place to be during a good snowfall>> at about 2:00 in the morning. There was so much room to slide around>> that it didn't matter if you had been drinking or not. ;)>

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Michael Johnson, PE