Good off-roading vid on google video

It's quite long, some varied, interesting machinery, even the tow machine next to the long water pit at the end is interesting. You occasionally see a big red unimog in the background blundering into trees and knocking them down like some kind of metal hippo, plus a black short wheelbase mog on tractor tyres that looks pretty capable. Lots of specials on portal axles and fat tyres. It's also surprising how eminently stoppable a short wheelbase special is compared to a longer wheelbase. The Volvo C3xx is groovy.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Great! Thanks for sharing, Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

Not mine, I just found it while mooching around enjoying not having telly!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Thanks anyway! I enjoyed every minute. Kind regards, Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

On or around Mon, 6 Mar 2006 23:18:55 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

quite standard-looking 110 being remarkably capable. The red unimog seems to have a HIAB or similar, which might be handy for self-recovery, but looks to me like someone's out playing in the works truck :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Didn't even have cross-axle diff-locks, despite which the mog got stuck where the 110 sailed through ;-) Then again the mog is damned heavy so not that surprising.

I quite liked the pick-up that seemed to have some kind of articulation on the load bed, it was one of the more capable machines there. The load bed seemed to move with the rear wheels independently of the rest of the vehicle.

Some nice kit there at any rate! Pity about the custom rangie failing to get up that hill where other similar kit managed.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:36:28 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

little short-short blue thing looked rather fun...

Reply to
Austin Shackles