G-Tech Pro?

Jeg's has them on sale right now for a hundred bucks. Good price?

More importantly, is any one here using one? Feedback? Thanks.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

$50 new on ebay

take care, Brian

Reply to
Brian Ober

The only real accuracy complaint I've heard here is that 1/4 mile speeds are a few MPH high. Hey, that's to be expected since it measures only the final speed instead of a trap speed like they do at the track.

At only $50, the ones on eBay that Brian pointed out are a really good deal.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Hey, thanks! I owe you one.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

No problem. Glad I could help. Please let me know what you think of it. I am debating picking one up as well :)

> 448331612

Reply to
Brian Ober

As long as it is accurate itself day-to-day, that's all that's needed.

Evidently. I bought one.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

I'll try it on my Crown Vic and see if it gives consistent readings every few days. I also want to see how ambient air temp affects the ET's. That should be a good tool for running brackets.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

I have had one for years. They are good for make a comparisons, but don't put a lot of stock in the numbers. If you have a tranny that shifts hard that plays hell with them because it gives a big spike. Wheel spin is something else that screws them up. I tried it once at the track and the times were within a tenth, but the mph was off. G-Tech supposedly gives you the mph right at the end of the quarter, where at the strip its a time over distance type of measurement so you could argue that the G-tech is more accurate.

When I'm tuning I usually start in 2nd gear and do a 0-60 run. That kills the wheel spin, and makes for a long 0-60 time so the effects of changes are easier to gauge.

My biggest complaint is the suction cup mount. The coil cord is so tight it pulls hard than the cup can hold so its always falling of the windshield.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Me too :-)

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Thanks for all the info and good tips.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

no problem. I'll probablty need the favor returned if I go ahead with my idea for my Mustang. How does a fuel injected BOSS 351 in a 95 GT sound? :)

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

I'm not in this group anymore. Your engine idea is on topic in the BB group, although the rest of the car isn't.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet