Gasoline $3 a gallon

This has been a public service announcement from Nostradamus.

Reply to
Sauger

LOL... that was too funny...

JS

Reply to
JS

Says WHO ????

Reply to
SVTKate

THAT SUCKS ASS!!!!! im taking the bus for now on

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

YoU GOTTA BE A FREKAING MORON!!!! Thisis not the 70's or the depression, it is

2004..
Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

Tom wrote in a message:

You know, I had put you in the twit bin for your misogynistic and blatantly sophomoric behavior after you first showed up here.....then I let you out after awhile, and you seemed a little more intelligent.

But, I suppose a leopard really cannot change it's spots.

Here's a hint, Binky:

Just because you're blissfully (pathetically?) ignorant of our current economic and political situation, it does not make V'ger the "freaking moron"....I'd say it was the other way around.

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

The prices in Britain are even more ridiculous ,and thats why people drive small engined cars.There's no way my fellow Brits could afford to run

5.8 V8's on those prices.Although a UK Gallon is larger than a US Gallon(and the same as a Canadian Gallon)you still get less for your money,and it still works out way more expensive. You should see how fast that price readout moves on UK pumps,while the Fuel delivery readout goes really slow.Here in the US its the other way round.

A UK Gallon is 4.54 Litres,whereas a US Gallon is 3.78 Litres

At £0.80 ($1.50) per Litre(regular ,not premium!),this works out to $6.81 per UK Gallon size ($150 x 4.54)

or $5.67 per US Gallon size($1.50 x 3.78)

So if you went over there now,given the crappy exchange rate it would cost you about $100 to fill up your car !!

Andrew

Reply to
me

Thank you.

The point is that history repeats itself. Econmomically, we are VERY close to where we were. Hey OPEC just announced another cutback in production. What does my antagonist think that is going to do? One only needs to looks at the gap seperating the haves from the have nots.....

Reminds me of when I returned to college and shared classes with "kids" straight out of HS who really thought they knew how the world works. Even those fellow students I would NOT have called "FREAKIN' MORONS" for their lack of understanding how the real world works.

As for my response to the name calling... apparently you were not in northern California just a couple of summers ago when Chevron refineries in the San Francisco Bay area "conveniently " were put out of commission just as the summer price rise began. A state investigation said that, while nothing could be proven, the shut down rate was much higher than the average shut down rate.

I may not agree with the opinions of others but I do not put them down for having differing opinions.

V'ger

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday; )
Reply to
V'ger

Tachycardia and bradycardia. :)

Scott W.

Reply to
Scott Williams

"Katmandu" snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com

For a little point-counter-point on this:

- Max - ======= Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, suppport any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom.

- JFK, 1961

Reply to
Max C. Webster III

That's not true. Maintaining artificially high prices can result in over-supply quite easily.

I think you're grossly over-simplifying the context. If demand drops below threshold, then the subject of the demand becomes a boutique item - it no longer benefits from economy of scale.

If demand dropped enough for gasoline, it would become very expensive.

I'm not keen on price controls, and I'm hardcore moderate that favors minimum necessary government. But, just like I don't believe that free-market electrical utilities really work, I don't believe gasoline in the US can exist outside government oversight.

Just like I voted to fire Gray Davis for his horrific handling of the "energy crisis" in California, I'm not particularly pleased with the current Federal administration for refusing to intervene earlier.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

ever-popular

The only problem with that is gas is like food. You don't have a choice, you have to buy it. I can go without diamonds pretty damn easy. If I don't go to work because I don't want to buy gas does my boss still have to pay me?

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG
** > Want to see prices drop? Buy less gasoline. Diamonds would sell for ** > $5.00/ct. if no one wanted to buy them. ** The only problem with that is gas is like food. You don't have a choice, you ** have to buy it. I can go without diamonds pretty damn easy. If I don't go ** to work because I don't want to buy gas does my boss still have to pay me? ** ** MadDAWG

I have a choice. I've gone without gasoline for several years at a time in the past, and could easily do it again. I know several friends who don't own cars, and they get to work and back just fine.

Wait until gasoline hits $5.00 a gallon. I guarantee that it will become optional for many of us.

Regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams---------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

this is just what the oil "people" are hoping for.. we'll just accept it because it is more expensive everywhere else in the world. we "have" to buy it because there are no other options. "F" that.. !! this will kill the automotive industry for sure (if it isn't nearly dead already)

dave

Reply to
DaveZ

Has it stopped the drivers in other countries who pay far more than we do? No. What it has done is to force them to go to smaller cars and engines for better economy... just as the 70s resulted in a period of downsized vehicles.

As for diam>>

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday; )
Reply to
V'ger

It's not where the oil is but who wants it that will become important in the years / decades to come.

It will likely be china that will be the competition for the oil. Thanks to trade policies and technology transfer starting no later than the

1990s, china is a creditable threat under the conditions of oil taps running short of demand. And china can make at least parts of the USA glow in the dark these days.

It's long past time to move on away from oil as we know it. If we are lucky the 'anything into oil' process is not a scam and we can solve the energy problem and the garbage problem together. It would also make oil something we can 'grow' rather than pump out of the ground. Renewable oil is the ideal solution IMO, but barring that it's do everything we can other than increase demand for oil.

Reply to
Brent P

V'ger

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday; )
Reply to
V'ger

The big difference is that European gasoline prices are high due to taxes, whereas American gasoline prices are higher due to corporate greed. At least in Europe the people benefit somewhat when those gas taxes are spent on roads and other infrastructure; the only Americans who would benefit from high gas prices here are the owners of the oil companies.

Reply to
Scott in Aztlán

Broke college students can't afford cars. Get used to walking or riding the bus, Poindexter...

Reply to
Scott in Aztlán

Yes, you *should* be embarrassed about that. ;)

Reply to
Scott in Aztlán