Give an Idea please..

I,m have to make a project in camless engine... Could u please give an idea about this....

Reply to
sangeeth.mech

To start your homework, try Google.

Offhand, I can think of three ways to design a camless internal combustion engine, but you won't learn anything without doing your own thinking (or, at least, searching and reading).

Reply to
Bob Willard

Yes put the horse in front of the carriage, done.

Nick :)

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

Well, the concept is not new. Willis-Knight did it back in about 1917. (I think) The cylinder walls slide up and down to let the gases in and out. The car smoked a lot, even when it was new.

Good luck.

Reply to
Kruse

Here:

Brent P

weed eater

Reply to
DRAGNET

Here:

Both have valveless, camless engines. Tucker's car also had a camless engine. But it didn't work out so they used Franklin air cooled engines. His design used a oil distributor to hydraulically work the valves.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Does it have to be 4 stroke how many cylinders? Can it be a 2 stroke. Thats a camless engine. Just remembe, Intake, Compression, Ignition and Exhaust are the basics. There are Rotary and Turbine out there. I havent seen one thats Electro-Kenitic yet. Goodluck

Reply to
Cobra65K