God Help Toyota

Check out their "A-BAT" concept.

Increasing product recalls, senior leadership jumping ship, and now this... this... A-BAT "truck". Seems wheels are starting to come of the Toyota train...

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

It looks a lot like that thing Honda refers to as a truck...

--=20 "I get the impression that Jamie is a papusa or two short of a combination plate." - Kent Wills

"So you think AUK is some kind of really tight knit CABAL? ROTFLMAO! Its a bunch of lazy tossers with too much time on their hands and few friends. WELCOME TO USENET. Drive thru please..." - =A7=F1=FChw=A4=A3f

Reply to
WindsorFox-{SS}-

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:f686cb24-25e6-47ac-a973-7a0f3dac09c8 @v32g2000hsa.googlegroups.com:

They're getting American disease.

BTW, it IS a concept.

Reply to
elaich

I think it's a bit "sexy" and will fill a niche....

But I thought this NG was about horses.... not donkeys.

Reply to
Jim Warman

But will it get 35mpg

Reply to
Ray or Bobbi Adams

take one part Isuzu Vehi-Cross, add two parts Honda Ridgeline, shake, blend well, present to press lather, rinse, repeat, vomit...

ack

Reply to
Mike Lenker

From the top shot, the body seems modeled after a pig.

tj

Reply to
timJ

But, IMO, much worse... the love child of a Ridgeline and Aztec affair.

If this thing gets greenlighted as is for production, it'll be interesting to see if buyers line up just because it's a Toyota.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

I never found the Toyota pictures but did come across some 2009 Camaro pictures. Why does Chevy persist in putting that stupid "idiots grin" on the front of their vehicles. Butt ugly front end.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

All you gotta do is put A-BAT in the search box and hit "enter".=20 Duh. :oP

--=20 "I get the impression that Jamie is a papusa or two short of a combination plate." - Kent Wills

"So you think AUK is some kind of really tight knit CABAL? ROTFLMAO! Its a bunch of lazy tossers with too much time on their hands and few friends. WELCOME TO USENET. Drive thru please..." - =A7=F1=FChw=A4=A3f

Reply to
WindsorFox-{SS}-

When Pontiac thought outside the box and came out with the Aztec, which had a lot of useful features, it was panned and didn't sell. When Scion, or Toyota, or Honda comes up with some crap looking POS, and they have had plenty, everyone loves them. I dare anyone to tell me the Scion BoxOnWHeels is a good looking vehicle, or that the Honda whatever it was box on wheels was good looking. When Chevy came out with the Avalanche it was not warmly received yet when Honda copies it people fall in love. Why do so many people hate America yet call themselves Americans?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

The difference is that Toyota and Honda knew their target market and hit a bullseye with those vehicles. Pontiac actually thought the Aztec was something good looking when, in reality, it was butt ugly. Pontiac giving us the Aztec is like someone telling a story they think isn't funny but everyone laughs anyway.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

That's what the world needs... more 35 MPG donkeys...

Reply to
Jim Warman

You miss the point. It's the same target audience. The vehicles are clones. Yet the American ones get panned and the jap imports are warmly received. The Scion is butt ugly, even more so then the Aztec.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Hmm,

Ashton Crusher

Mary mother of god is that ugly.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Ashton Crusher wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Simply, Pontiac's reputation is nowhere near Toyota's or Honda's.

Reply to
Joe

I dunno, i see a whole lot more Avalanches than I do Hondas. I actually considered an Avalanche before I looked at the Titan. It seems to be more popular with the plastectomy GM did.

Reply to
WindsorFox-{SS}-

I think the majority of buyers are unlike myself, as I will buy what sparks me the most no matter what it is. Most buyers are going to buy a Toyota or a Chevy even if the two models are identical. Just look at the recent past with the Chevy Geo. One model was a Corolla, looked it in every way except the name badge. Yet with millions of Corollas on the road the Geos all failed. Yet compare the number of Mustang GTs that were bought with the number of Turbo Supras that were bought. It was an awesome car, that was very fast and looked pretty good, but it didn't work. That's why I don't see the up coming threatened Korean Shark as a very big threat to the Mustang or any other Pony cars. Another example would be the Mazda Probe. There were a lot more MX's on the road than there were Probes. Possibly a good thing name wise...

Reply to
WindsorFox-{SS}-

What age group did Toyota and Honda target with their boxes and what age group did Pontiac target with the Aztec? There lies the answer as to why the perceptions of the products were different. Also, Toyota and Honda intentionally made their cars ugly in the vein of the original VW bus. Pontiac thought their design was cutting edge and trendy in a cool way. They were wrong.

Reply to
Michael Johnson